Brian Seeger, M.M.
The Department of Music accepts students in accordance with requirements from the Office of Admissions. Applications may be submitted at any time, but the department strongly encourages applicants to submit their materials well before the university deadlines.
Part Two: Online Audition Video
湖北快3怎么做代理Online auditions allow us to assess your best work and eliminate the need for you to travel to the campus. Walk-ins are not appropriate.
Please adhere to the following guidelines when preparing the audition video:
1. You may use any video recorder as long as the audio is of respectable quality. Avoid distracting background noises.
2. Please specify the program for which you are applying (undergraduate or graduate).
3. Please record two selections that demonstrate your best playing. The following is a list of suggested tunes:
- Blues for Alice (Parker)
- Oleo (Rollins)
- Rhythm-a-ning (Monk)
- Anthropology (Parker)
- All the Things You Are (Kern)
- Autumn Leaves (Kosma)
- Body and Soul (Green)
- Billie's Bounce (Parker)
- Au Privave (Parker)
You are not required to perform the tunes listed above, but please choose music that will demonstrate a) your exposure to the jazz idiom, b) your ability to improvise, and c) the ability to play your instrument.
4. You may use a "play-along" recording if you do not have a back-up ensemble.
5. Place your best performance first on the recording.
6. If you are performing with other people, please state your name and instrument at the beginning of the piece or include it in the title so we know who you are.
7. In addition to performing two tunes, please record yourself playing at least twenty-four measures of a transcribed jazz solo along with the original recording. State your name and the name of the piece before you start playing it.
湖北快3怎么做代理8. All of your performances, including your performance of the transcription, should be done by memory.
9. It would be appreciated if you attach a resume, although that is not required.
Additional Audition Requirements
湖北快3怎么做代理The following is a list of instrument-specific additional requirements for the audition video.
- Guitar: a short solo guitar arrangement.
- Drums: demonstrate swing and Latin styles, brush work, and play a short drum solo.
- Voice: demonstrate the ability to "scat" (improvise, and play simple jazz chords at the piano or guitar)
10. After recording, upload your videos to YouTube or similar platform. Include your name and the name of the pieces in the YouTube titles.
- the links to your videos
- your completed Performance Audition Form (attached as a .pdf)